Chronology of the Walt Disney Company
Copyright © 1995-2012 Ken Polsson
internet e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved. Permission is granted to create web
to this site, not to copy these pages to other
References are numbered in [brackets], which are listed here.
A number after the dot gives the page in the source.
Last updated: 2012 October 29.
- January 5
- The Goofy film Tiger Trouble is released to theaters.   [501.558]
- Walt Disney resigns as president of Walt Disney Productions. He appoints Roy as new president. [34.184] [113.320] [228.126]
- January 26
- The Donald Duck film The Clock Watcher is released to theaters.   [228.95]
- February 3
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated and live-action feature film The Three Caballeros to theaters in the US. After a brief initial run, Walt pulls the film from general release, due to bad press reviews. It includes the animated short films The Cold-Blooded Penguin, The Flying Gauchito, Baia, and Le Pinata, all with Donald Duck. (Gross theater receipts: US$3.4 million.)       [34.180] [97.187] [113.212] [176.117]  [230.31] [250.98] [370.64] [395.63] [501.552]
- February 5
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences nominates the film How to Play Football for an Oscar Award in the category Short Subjects, Cartoons. [39.417]
- February 12
- Disney delivers the film The Right Spark Plug in the Right Place to the Electric Auto-Lite Company.  [501.471]