The Joys of Weather Watching
Sensing the Weather
In my opinion, weather is the most sensual of nature's ways.
- The everchanging vista of sky and cloud
- The fiery yellow, reds, and oranges of sunrise and sunset
- The flashes of lightning
- The dance of snowflakes in the wind
- The shapes of cloud
- The beauty of the rainbow
- The wail of the wind
- The crack and rumble of thunder
- The patter of rain
- The rattle of hail
- The rustle of leaves in autumn
- The morning after a cleansing rain
- The sea drifting inland on the wind
- The local source of pollution or foul odor
- The airs of spring and fall
- The bite of winter cold
- The heat and humidity of tropical summer
- The touch of the wind
- The coolness of rain
- The warmth of the sun
- The electricity in the air before a thunderstorm
Weather also establishes feelings within:
- The fear of storm
- The warmth of a sunny day
- The relief of rain during a drought
- The relief of a dry sunny day during a prolonged rainy period.
Learn More From These Relevant Books
Chosen by The Weather Doctor
- Lynch, David K. and Livingston, William: Color and Light in Nature, 2nd edition, 2001, Cambridge University Press; ISBN: 0521775043 (PB).
- Day, John A.:
The Book of Clouds , Sterling, 2005, paperback, ISBN 0760735360.
- Burt, Christopher C.: Extreme Weather: A Guide and Record Book, 2004 (pb), W. W. Norton & Company, ISBN 039333015X.
- Williams, Jack: The Weather Book, 1997, Vintage Books, ISBN 0-679-77665-6.
Keith C. Heidorn, PhD, THE WEATHER DOCTOR,
January 1, 2001
Sensing the Weather ©2001, Keith C. Heidorn, PhD. All Rights Reserved.
Correspondence may be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Weather Doctor articles, go to our Site Map.
I have recently added many of my lifetime collection of photographs and art works to an on-line shop where you can purchase notecards, posters, and greeting cards, etc. of my best images.
What's New |
Site Map |
Weather Doctor Amazon Store |
Book Store |