SUNSET OF THE SEASONS
by Keith C. Heidorn
- Scarlet, gold, orange
- Feel the colour of Autumn
- Mixed with summer green.
- Fallen leaves rush with the running stream
- To the aquatic nesting grounds
- Of the inland salmon.
- The bright sun leads the arrowing geese
- To the winter resorts
- As the warmth wanes.
- The cold breath of Nortus
- Plays music for the dancing leaves,
- As a squirrel collects the last remaining nuts.
- The sky darkens
- The first flakes of snow twirl to the ground
- And the Earth
- Prepares for its winter's sleep.
from Wanderlust Confined by Keith C. Heidorn, PhD, THE WEATHER DOCTOR, ©1973, 2001,
January 1, 2001
POETS CORNER: Wanderlust Confined ©1973, 2001, Keith C. Heidorn, PhD. All Rights Reserved.
Correspondence may be sent via email to: email@example.com.
For More Weather Doctor articles, go to our Site Map.
I have recently added many of my lifetime collection of photographs and art works to an on-line shop where you can purchase notecards, posters, and greeting cards, etc. of my best images.
What's New |
Site Map |
Weather Doctor Amazon Store |
Book Store |