Organizations and Societies
There are 166 links in this section.
- Alberta Family History Society About the society, research sources, member research interests, special interest group information, and publications. Online vital events include births, deaths, marriages, from Calgary newspapers 1883-1899.
- Alberta Genealogical Society Master name index, publications, upcoming events.
- Brooks & District Branch, AGS History of the branch, research services offered, and publications for sale.
- Burtonsville Historical Society Information on this society and its newsletter.
- Cold Lake & District Genealogy Club Area obituaries, photos and history. Member researech interests and general club information.
- Edmonton Branch, Alberta Genealogical Society Features a searchable index to the 1901 census of the Alberta District, information on branch activities, library hours, and offers links to other resources in Edmonton and the Province of Alberta.
- Grande Prairie and District Branch, AGS Information on this societies monthly meetings, membership, library, obituary file, cemetery recordings, newsletter, and workshops.
- Historical Society of Alberta Publications list, calendar of events, newsletter, society information and links.
- Jewish Genealogy Society of Southern Alberta Provides a friendly forum for Jewish family historians to network with their counterparts in Alberta and around the world.
- Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta Ancestry of society members, newsletter, membership and programs.
- Southern Alberta Pioneers and Their Descendants Find & provide info about your Alberta ancestors. The Society collects, preserves, and publishes the history of the pioneers (resident prior to 1891) of Southern Alberta.
- United Empire Loyalists-Edmonton Branch Member surname interests.
- Clan Baird Activities and history of Baird Clan in Canada and USA
- Clan Baird Society of Atlantic Canada The Society was formed in 1983 to promote the Clan in Atlantic Canada and to encourage Bairds in the region to take pride in their heritage. History of Bairds.
- Genealogical Institute of the Maritimes A non-profit entity concerned with improving genealogical practice in the Maritime Provinces of Canada. The Institute examines and certifies persons who desire to establish competence in genealogical research.
- Abbotsford Genealogical Group This organization is committed to collecting & publishing of materials of use to the Family History Researcher and promoting effective techniques in instructing genealogical & historical research. Information on meetings, publications, and the lib
- Black Historical & Cultural Society of British Columbia Keeping alive the memories of the Blacks that lived here and recording the history of the elders, and promoting what is authentic in the culture and heritage of the Black British Columbians.
- British Columbia Folklore Society Bringing together and preserving the traditions of British Columbia. Information, newsletter, and links to other folklore related links.
- British Columbia Genealogical Society Overview, membership, meetings, resource centre, contact information, members query page, microfiche holdings and hot links.
- British Columbia Historical Federation The federation provides a forum to publicize successes of regional historical societies. Includes information on British Columbia Historical News is a quarterly journal of the BCHF.
- Campbell River Genealogy Society Information on Meetings, Library, Newsletters and Publications. The 1901 Census for Comox District, and surname index of the spocieties obituary clipping file.
- Comox Valley Family History Research Group Family history research in the Comox Valley, Vancouver Island, BC including Comox, Courtenay, Cumberland, Denman and Hornby Island, Merville, Black Creek and Royston.
- Friends of the British Columbia Archives A non-profit organization concerned with the heritage of British Columbia and its people.
- Heritage Society of British Columbia An umbrella organization representing member groups who are involved with heritage projects and issues. Our interest in heritage ranges from restoration of the built environment to the preservation of historic trails.
- Kamloops Family History Society Information about this society and its publications.
- Kelowna & District Genealogical Society Publications, Members Pages, Information on their newsletter and Queries services.
- Kitimat Family History Society Dedicated to the preservation and sharing of genealogical information, from the Kitimat area as well from around the world.
- Kootenay Lake Historical Society The custodian of the S.S. Moyie, the oldest passenger sternwheeler in the world that plied Kootenay Lake for 59 years.
- Mennonite Historical Society of BC Information on the society Archives.
- Nanaimo Family History Society Nanaimo Family History Society, meetings, speakers, library, passenger list transcribing etc
- Nicola Valley Museum Archives Association Information on this societies publications.
- North Shuswap Historical Society The NSHS was formed in 1985 with the goal of gathering and preserving the history of the North Shuswap and its surrounding areas.
- Okanagan Historical Society Writing and publishing the local history of the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada for over seventy years.
- Prince George Genealogical Society Society information, members interests and links to related sites.
- Prince Rupert Genealogy Club Includes membership information and member research interests.
- Qualicum Beach Family History Society Promoting the study of family history and genealogy.
- South Cariboo Genealogy Society We are from the Cariboo Region of British Columbia Canada, encompassing the towns of 100 Mile House, 108 Mile, Lac La Hache, Lone Butte, Bridge Lake and Clinton.
- South Okanagan Genealogical Society Serving the communities of Penticton, Summerland, Kaleden, Naramata, Okanagan Falls,
Oliver and Osoyoos.
- Vancouver Branch United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada The Vancouver Branch UELAC is a non-profit Canadian heritage society run by volunteers with an enthusiastic passion for the Loyalist era of our history. Considered to be Canada’s "first refugees".
- Vancouver Branch, UEL Association Branch information and links to related sites.
- Vancouver Historical Society Calendar of events, monthly meetings, Vancouver bibliography, newsletter and related sites.
- Vernon and District Family History Society Meetings and membership, resources and services, cemetery records, surname interests and links.
- Victoria Branch, UEL Association of Canada Loyalist information and upcoming events.
- Victoria Fire Department Historical Society Created in the early 1990s to preserve the more than 140 year history of the Victoria Fire Department.
- Victoria Genealogical Society Information about this societies library, newsletter, query service, etc.
- Victoria Heritage Foundation The Victoria Heritage Foundation (VHF) is a volunteer organization which administers the preservation of its heritage properties on the City's behalf.
- Adoptee's Support Forum Reuniting Canadians from coast to coast. Registration to the Canada-Wide National Registry, Family Finders Search Assistance, and the Family Finder News.
- Association for Canadian Jewish Studies Information about this society.
- Canada / Ulster Heritage Site Historical information about the Orange Order in Canada and the impact that the Order, Irish immigrants and their decendants had upon the formation of the Dominion of Canada.
- Canada's National History Society Information about the Society.
- Canadian Club Dedicated to promoting Canadian identity, encouraging Canadian unity, and fostering an interest in public affairs and Canadian institutions.
- Canadian Orange Historical Site The earliest record of an Orange Lodge in the British North American colonies was in New Brunswick in 1783 a full twelve years before the official birth of the Orange Lodge system. Historical stories of interest.
- Canadian Society of Mayflower Descendants History of the Canadian society, research tips, links to related sites.
- Famous 5 Foundation This foundation has commissioned monuments to recognize the achievements and contributions of Canadian women in the building of Canada.
- Famous Five Foundation The Famous 5 Foundation educates and inspires fellow Canadians by celebrating women's achievements, commemorating the Famous 5's courage, tenacity and conviction and encouraging women's leadership.
- Heritage Canada Foundation Founded in 1973 to protect and promote this country's built, natural, historic and scenic heritage.
- Monarchist League of Canada Informing the Canadian public of the contemporary and historical importance of the Monarchy for the Canadian identity.
- Society Hill - Canadian Directory The Internet Directory of Genealogical and Historical Societies.
- Ukranian Genealogical and Historical Society of Canada Contact information.
- Blandford & Area Historical Society Objectives of the Society, membership, a 1934 history of Upper Blandford, a history of Blandford, 1931 to 1961.
- CAPE BRETON GENEALOGY & HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION Our member's web site consists of over 600,000 pages of material transcribed from original documents and other types of material useful to researchers. This site has the largest collection of Cape Breton genealogy info available anywhere.
- Cape Sable Historical Society Collecting and preserving all documents, papers, and other objects of interest, which may serve to illustrate the history of Shelburne and Yarmouth Counties.
- Colchester Historical Museum and Archives Hours and admission, exhibits, archive holdings, publications for sale, and a brief history of Colchester County.
- Cumberland County Genealogical Society Sharing information and assisting in the identification and cataloguing of resource material so that it can be readily available to everyone for both research and education.
- Fort Lawrence/Beaubassin Heritage Association Non profit association dedicated to history of Fort Lawrence/Beaubassin and to the rebuilding of British Fort Lawrence and Acadian Village of Beaubassin, Acadian monument, History, etc.
- Genealogical Association of Nova Scotia Information about GANS.
- Hantsport and Area Historical Society The Churchill House and the Marine Memorial room, meetings & membership, publications for sale, and the Hantsport Genealogical index.
- Icelandic Memorial Society of NS Settlers, census, notable names and information from Markland and Lockeport Settlements.
- Kings Historical Society The largest and most comprehensive genealogical archives in Kings County and an extensive archives of material relating to the communities which form Kings County.
- Mainland South Heritage Society Areas of interest include the communities located within the Halifax Regional Municipality from Armdale to Pennant. Members are working on the early families who settled these areas.
- Nova Scotia Genealogy Network Association Formed to provide access to genealogical resources pertaining to Nova Scotia and support the efforts of the local and county historical societies in the province. Links to Nova Scotian research sources and their member societies.
- Royal Nova Scotia Historical Society Founded in 1878, to discuss individual papers about personalities, places, and events integral to the history of Nova Scotia.
- Shelburne County Genealogical Society Aims and objectives, membership, meetings and workshops, newsletter, publications, and contact information. They also have a listing of research tools available.
- South Shore Genealogical Society A non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to developing and providing genealogical information for Lunenburg and Queens Counties. This page includes information about the society, summary of holdings, membership information, etc.
- Wentzel(l) Genealogy Society A summary of the first Wentzell families of Lunenburg and Queens Counties of NS. Information on the societies newsletter and membership.
- West Hants Historical Society Information about their museum, genealogy room, publications and genealogy links.
- Association for the Preservation of Ontario Land Registry Office Documents APOLROD was formed in response to the Fall 1996 plan to dispose or disperse all 1868-1955 Ontario land records. APOLROD members were aware that our land records contained a diversity of information beyond simple land transfer records.
- British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa Encourage and facilitates research and its
dissemination by people with ancestry in the British
Isles: that is, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern
Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man,
and the Channel Islands.
- Bruce and Grey Branch, OGS Calender of upcoming events, publications for sale and queries.
- Bruce County Genealogical Society Bruce County Information for Genealogical Research.
- Bruce County Historical Society Information on this society, including a publications list.
- Col. Edward Jessup Branch UELAC History of the Branch and also of the area, cemeteries, historical houses and our projects.
- Colonel John Butler, (Niagara) Branch, UEL of Canada The Col. John Butler Branch of the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada can trace its origins as far back as 1898, when Captain John D. Servos organized a branch in Virgil, which was a early settlement in the Niagara area.
- Durham Region Branch, OGS Society information and publications list.
- Elgin County Branch, OGS Resources, publications, member research interests.
- Etobicoke Genealogy Group Meeting schedule and contact information.
- Greater Harvey Historical Society and Archila and Preservation Centre To promote among the citizens of Galway, Cavendish & Harvey Township the preservation and appreciation of it's heritage. To undertake projects that encourages and develops the study and preservation of our heritage.
- Grenville County Historical Society Society information
- Hamilton Branch, OGS Covering the former County of Wentworth which included the Townships of Ancaster, Barton, Binbrook, Beverly, Glanford, East Flamborough, Saltfleet and West Flamborough.
- Hamilton Branch, UELAC Branch Information, local history, publications.
- Harrow Early Immigrant Research Society (HEIRS) In the town of Harrow, Essex County. Historical collection and many genealogical references for South Essex families and in particular, the township of Colchester and town of Harrow.
- Historical Society of St. Catharines Society information, pictures of Historical St. Catharines, and St. Catharines Obituaries, 1817-1918.
- Kawartha Ancestral Research Association KARA is a genealogy organization in downtown Peterborough operating a research centre for family history in the Kawartha Region.
- Kawartha Branch, OGS Supporting genealogical research in Peterborough, Northumberland, Victoria and Haliburton Counties through our library, regular meetings, beginners courses, and publications.
- Kent County Branch OGS Library, publications and meeting information.
- Kingston Branch, OGS Geographic areas of interest, meetings, library holdings, newsletter, membership information, Genealogy courses and links to relevant web pages.
- Kingston Historical Society The Heritage Kingston website is a meeting place for all groups interested in the history and heritage of the Kingston area.
- Lambton Branch, OGS Information about their meetings, newsletter and publications.
- Lanark County Genealogical Society Scrollable surname tables which are linked to the text of LCGS member's surname list and query. Also includes information about this society. Voters lists, family bibles, marriage certificates and family histories.
- Leeds and Grenville Genealogical Society Information about this society and it's publications for sale.
- Lennox and Addington Historical Society Information about this society and links to related resources.
- London & Middlesex County Branch, OGS General information about this organization.
- Markham Berczy Settlers Association The association fosters the study, recording and commemoration, by their descendants, of the original Berczy settlers who settled in the Township of Markham Ontario in 1794.
- Mennonite Historical Society of Canada The Canadian Mennonite Encyclopedia, Mennonite libraries and archives.
- Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society To encourage and develop the study of all phases of the history, life, and customs of the early period of Millbrook, Cavan Township and the surrounding district.
- Niagara Peninsula Branch, OGS History of the branch, publication list and members surname index.
- Ontario Genealogical Society Home Page Information on this society.
- Ontario Heritage Foundation Dedicated to preserving, protecting and promoting Ontario's rich and varied heritage.
- Osgoode Township Historical Society and Museum The site lists the over 100 publications the Society has for sale. These all relate to the history of the Township of Osgoode. Includes many pioneer families as well as a list of unpublished family histories available for research at the museum.
- Ottawa Branch, OGS Branch periodical, meetings, branch library, publications, queries and projects.
- Oxford County Genealogical Society, OGS Price list and mailing address.
- Paris Historical Society The mandate of the Paris Historical Society is to preserve Paris' heritage by collecting and preserving historical data and objects so they may be displayed and made available to the public for instruction and enjoyment.
- Pennsylvania German Folklore Society of Ontario Founded to develop appreciation for the early Pennsylvania German Mennonite settlers of Ontario.
- Perth County Branch, OGS Information about the society. Information on upcoming meetings, and publications list.
- Quinte Branch, OGS Information on their library holdings.
- Sault Ste Marie and District Branch, OGS Branch info, publications for sale and queries.
- Societe franco-ontarienne d'histoire et de genealogie Ou l'histoire et la genealogie franco-ontarienne se rencontrent
- South Fredericksburgh Heritage Committee Projects undertaken include the restoration of abandoned burial sites, photographing all township residences, and publishing information of historical significance.
- St. Joseph Island Historical Society Island family stories, 1861 to 1901 island census, transcripts of all island cemeteries, birth/death/marriages, a timeline of St Joe.
- Sudbury Branch, OGS To collect and preserve maps, books, manuscripts, charts, photographs, microfilm and related material relevant to genealogical study.
- Temiskaming Genealogy Group Serves the communities of Latchford, Cobalt, Haileybury, New Liskeard, Elk Lake, Matachewan, Gowganda, Earlton, Englehart, Tomstown, Kirkland Lake, Larder Lake, and Virginiatown Ontario.
- Toronto Branch, OGS Meetings, membership, newsletter, publications, search services and genealogy courses.
- Trent Valley Archives and Fairview Heritage Centre The Trent Valley Archives play an integral role in heritage documentation and preservation in East Central Ontario Canada. Roman Catholic diocese records, Irish ship lists, Fairview Centre.
- Upper Ottawa Valley Genealogical Group Fosters the study of the genealogy of families in the Upper Ottawa Valley of Renfrew Co. and Pontiac Co., Quebec. Information on their meetings, seminars, outings, projects, queries, newsletter (Timberline), library holdings, and extensive publications.
- Waterloo Historical Society Preserving the history of Waterloo County and region since 1912.
- Waterloo Region Branch OGS Information about their newsletter, special projects, publications, library, meetings, and membership.
- Wellington County Branch OGS Provides resources for family history research in Guelph, Ontario and surrounding area.
- Wellington County Historical Society Contact information, upcoming events.
- York Region Branch, OGS Branch information, member's surname interests, branch publications, and research resources for York Region (formerly York County), Ontario, Canada.
Personal - Various
- Canadian Roots UK A NEW self help website set up to help people in the UK trace their fathers/family in Canada.
Also Canadian fathers or a relative who is trying to trace a child you/he may have fathered in the UK during World War 2.
Prince Edward Island
- Community Museums Association Society information and related links.
- Prince Edward Island Genealogical Society Inc. Membership, Newsletters, and Publication list.
- Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation The PEIMHF was set up in 1970 to preserve and protect Prince Edward Island's History and Heritage. It is part of the P.E.I. museum system, and is housed in the historic "Beaconsfield".
- Sir Andrew Macphail Foundation The Macphail Homestead was the home of one of PEI's most famous writers, physicians, and scholars, Sir Andrew Macphail. In 1844, his parents came to PEI, then bought the 100 acre Fletcher farm in Orwell, and moved in on May 24th, 1864.
- American-Canadian Genealogical Society Dedicated to gathering, preservation and dissemination of American-Canadian genealogical information, with the primary emphasis on the study of the unique French-Canadian and Franco-American heritage.
- American-French Genealogical Society Publications, library Information and info about the AFGS which is dedicated to the study and preservation of the French-Canadian culture.
- Brome County Historical Society Brome County Historical Society
Museum & Archives operating since 1897
family records, original family trees put together by researchers over the years. A small research fee is charged to help offset time, postage and copying.
- Club de Genealogie de Longueuil Information about the Club de Genealogie de Longueuil, members activity plus the catalogue of the publications. French Only.
- Federation of Quebec Genealogy Societies An umbrella organization for Quebec genealogy societies which aids in promoting genealogy in this province.
- French Canadian/Acadian Genealogists of Wisconsin Dedicated to research and education regarding French Canadian and Acadian Genealogy.
- L'Association des Moisan Site officiel de l'Association des Moisan.
- La societe des filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salieres Regiment of 17th century New France.
- Quebec Family History Society Information on this society and a listing of members surname interests.
- Quebec Genealogy Society An introduction to this society and its activities.
- Richmond County Historical Society Information about the early history of Richmond County and vicinity in the Eastern Townships of Quebec.
- So. Cal. Genealogical Society French-Canadian Interest Group Includes membership and activities as well as the library holdings and surnames that our members are researching. Site also contains the History of the Branchereau, Brancheau, Branchaud Family.
- Societe Historique du Marigot Focuses on the city of Longueuil and includes a large dictionary helpful for both genealogists and historians.
- Vermont French-Canadian Genealogical Society Dedicated to research in French-Canadian ancestry. Projects planned include compiling the Church records of local Catholic parishes, and collecting local obituaries Site includes information on their newsletter and links to related sites.
- Westmount Historical Association Formed in 1944 to encourge public awareness of Westmount's history and to promote research into the city's social and cultural development.