There are 122 links in this section.
- Band of the 5th (BC) Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery the oldest military band organization in western Canada. It traces its origins to 1864 as the Band of the Victoria Volunteer Rifle Corps.
- CFB Esquimalt Naval and Military Museum The museum's exhibits focus on three distinct military groups who have made an impact on Canada's history and who have left a lasting heritage: the Canadian Women's Army Corps, the Royal Canadian Navy on the West Coast, and the West Coast Defences
- Vancouver Wireless Station Began operation in 1949 in Delta, BC. The airport had been built during WW II to accomodate Lancaster bombers flying from it in defense of coastal B.C. against a perceived Japanese attack.
- Canadian Battlefield tours in Northern France We offer Canadian specific battlefield tours in Northern France and Belgium. The tours cover WW1 and WW2.
- Canadian Expeditionary Force Study Group The CEFSG which now hosts the main web site, an
extensive member forum, blog sites for many topics
and a brand new 2013 Wiki Site. All information
relates to the CEF in the Great War of 1914 to 1921.
- Laughton Ancestors in the Great War 1914-1921 Connect to the web sites and records of the men of
the Laughton family who served in the CEF and BEF
during the Great War of 1914-1921.
- Lest We Forget Canadian Army WWI 1914-1920 Record of Service, Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force Army,48th Highlanders of Canada - 15th Battalion ,British Columbia, Manitoba, Portage La Prairie, Burnside, Carmen, Graysville, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and more
- PIXPAST The Best Military Photo Forum for Black & White Photos, Negatives and Color Slides. We are here to respect and preserve these historical images.
- WW1 Publications by Richard Laughton Essays and articles by Richard Laughton that review
the CEF and BEF during the Great War of 1914-1921.
The publications connect to all of the on-line
research material used to prepare the documents,
including many Google Earth map overlays.
- Naval Museum of Manitoba Promoting the history of Canada's Navy, especially as it pertains to those Manitobans who have served with the Navy. Online resources and photos.
- Recollections of William Peden Includes his training and preparation for World War I with the 8th Battalion Royal Winnipeg Rifles and his arrival in France in which he describes the Battle of Ypres.
- 41st Regiment of Foot Includes a list of men who applied to settle in Canada after the War of 1812 who served with the 41st Regiment of Foot.
- 54th Kootenay Battalion, 1915 - 1919, WW1 Story of the Canadian 54th Battalion in France and Belgium in World War One.
- Aces of Canada Part of a much larger site, this section lists 187 Canadian WWI pilots granted the designation of "Ace". Includes biographical information, medals, victories, etc.
- Air Defence Museum Includes virtual tours, a discussion group and a complete description of all exhibitions. Also contains information pertaining to this organization dedicated to the history of the Canadian Air Force.
- Air Force Honours & Awards A compilation equivalent to 5,000 pages of published information, of awards to RCAF personnel for the period of pre to post WW2.
- An Archival Look at World War I Canadian Homefront ; the Technology of WWI ; Women during the First World War ; and World War I Warfare. A collection of archival photographs related to the Great War is accompanied by suggestions for teachers and explanatory historical notes.
- Arrow Recovery Canada A fascinating website filled with authentic Avro Arrow information.
- Association of Liberation Children An organization whose members have Allied soldiers as biological fathers. Its purpose is to support the members in their search for their their roots and assist veterans in locating friends in Holland.
- Battle of Vimy Ridge An introduction to the First World War Battle of Vimy Ridge, including
historical maps and a presentation of the Vimy Memorial.
- Black Watch of Canada The oldest Royal Highland Regiment in the Dominion and was the first of the Dominion battalions to become allied with their Parent regiment in Scotland.
- Books of Remembrance These books contain the names of Canadians who fought in wars and died during or after them.
- British Empire and Commonwealth Land Forces Internet resources pertaining to land forces that were at any time part of the British Empire or Commonwealth. The focus is generally on manifestations of the British regimental system throughout the world.
- Camp X Historical Society Established in recognition of the courageous men and women who were trained in subversive warfare and covert techniques, those who fought behind enemy lines, who lived in the shadows, or who served at Camp X.
- Canada and the First World War This exhibition is designed to illustrate the many roles that Canadian men and women played during the First World War, and the definite mark the war left on our society.
- Canada's Military Heritage Chronology of War, photos & facts, dispatches from the front, educational resources and operation legacy.
- Canadian Air Aces and Heroes of WWI, WWII, and Korea.
- Canadian Air Force Includes information on the history of the Canadian Air Force.
- Canadian Army Homepage Who we are, who we were, Battle Honours, 1st Canadian Div in WWII, Canadian Regts of WWII.
- Canadian Expeditionary Force Over 600,000 Canadians enlisted in the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF) during the First World War. The CEF database is a searchable index to those personnel files which are held by the National Archives.
- Canadian Expeditionary Force Study Group We are a group of enthusiasts with an interest in the Canadian Expeditionary Force and their role in the First World War. The interests here are broad: Family History/Genealogy, Military History, Weapons/Equipment, Tactics, Militaria Collecting etc.
- Canadian Great War Project This site includes many other features,
including transcribed/searchable war diaries, letters from the front, book reviews, virtual monuments, forums, statistics and a links section.
- Canadian Heroes The exploits and accomplishments of two great Canadians who went to Europe to fight for what was to be the greatest challenges of their young lives.
- Canadian Heroes Stories include Major Harold John Lightfoot who was Commanding Officer of the West Nova Scotia Regiment in Camp Aldershot, NS and A Day in the Life of a Prisoner.
- Canadian Letters and Images Letters, photographs and other documents from men and women in the armed services and nursing services during wartime
- Canadian Military An un-official history of the Canadian military, from the 1800s to the present day.
- Canadian Military Heritage Project Providing historical backgrounds, chronological timelines, statistics, battles, uniforms & equipment, biographies of soldiers, heroes and their stories, muster rolls, letters home, links to other online resources, and research libraries.
- Canadian Military History Gateway Providing access to Websites and digitized resources about CanadaÂ?s military history.
- Canadian Navy Information on Maritime Forces Atlantic and Pacific, the Naval Reserve, background documents and fact sheets, newsletters, and photos.
- Canadian Navy of Yesterday & Today Information about the ships and aircraft of Canada's navy, from its inception in 1910 until present day, and links to similar sites.
- Canadian Peacekeeping Veterans Association Includes a Roll of Honour of Canadian Peacekeepers who gave their lives in the service of peace.
- Canadian Virtual War Memorial Search the database of over 110,000 Canadians and Newfoundlanders who made the ultimate sacrifice in World Wars One and Two. Also includes detailed information on Victoria Cross Recipients.
- Canadian War Brides The authoritative source of information on the Canadian War Brides of World War Two.
- Canadian War Brides Of The First World War A site created to promote and preserve the history of the WWI war brides who came to Canada after the war.
- Canadian War Industry During the Second World War Photographs documenting the role of Canadian civilians in the Second World War industrial effort.
- Canadian War Museum Remembering the more than 115,000 Canadians who have lost their lives during wartime. These Canadians were not all professional soldiers. The museum attempts to tell the story of ordinary Canadians living through extraordinary circumstances.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Featuring the aircraft used by Canadians or Canada's Military from the beginning of World War II up to the present.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum List of exhibits includes detailed information and pictures.
- Canadian Wartime Experience (University of Manitoba) Digitised pimary source materials relating to the experience of Canada and Canadians during various wars from 1899-1970s.
- CBC Archives: Conflict and War Explore a century of Canada's conflicts, wars and struggles through radio and television clips from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Chronology of Canadian Military History 55 short introductory articles to Canadian Military History
- D-Day (National Film Board of Canada) View five films produced by the National Film Board.
- Democracy at War: Canadian Newspapers and the Second World War The Canadian War Museum's newspaper archives contains more than 144 000
newspaper articles from the Second World War Period.
- Directorate of History and Heritage Our mission is to safeguard and propagate Canadian military history and heritage, managing the Canadian Forces-wide program to meet departmental needs, reinforce Canadian Forces identity, and provide meritorious service recognition.
- Filip Konowal A Ukrainian Canadian who was awarded the Victoria Cross while serving in the 47th Canadian Infantry Battalion in France during August 1917.
- For King and Empire Canada's soldiers in the Great War. Explores the Canadian soldier's role in the Great War. Included in the site is a interactive battle display and a comprehensive Resource Centre.
- French Soldiers - 1755 who came to Canada from 1755 to 1763 to fight in the French and Indian War.
- From Colony to Country: Guide to Canadian Military History To improve awareness of and access to the published literature on Canada's military history, the National Library has prepared this bibliographical pathfinder for the general reader with an interest in learning more about Canada's military heritage.
- Great War Research of George Laughton, M.C. Great War Research Site for George Van Wyck Laughton at Vimy Ridge, Battle of Arras, WW1.
- History and Heritage of Canada's Air Force The history of Canada's Air Force traces it beginnings to the very early days of World War I when the Canadian Aviation Corps was formed on September 16, 1914 and consisted of two officers and one mechanic.
- Home Page of Remembrance Includes Canadian Women Veterans Roll of Honour, Canadian Peacekeeping Roll of Honour, Governor General Foot Guards Roll of Honour, Canadian's Vietnam Roll of Honour.
- In Flanders Fields Timeline on the history of the First World War, and detailed information on life at and behind the front.
- Inside Camp-X Canada's on-line World WAR II intelligence history site. Dedicated to maintaining Canada's history and heritage forever.
- Interactive History of the Canadian Navy The highlights that have occurred over the years through an assortment of media in this interactive web site.
- Juno Beach Centre: Canada in WW II An online museum of the Canadian war effort.
- Key Events & Causes: War of 1812 Timeline of significant events during the war of 1812.
- Korea Veterans Association of Canada Dedicated to the 516 Canadians who made the supreme sacrifice during the Korean War and to honour those who dared to die, but lived. List of award recipients, Wall of Remembrance, Honour Roll, links to related sites.
- Land Forces of Britain, the Empire and Commonwealth Links to internet resources pertaining to land forces that were at any time part of the British Empire or Commonwealth.
- Lest We forget Canada,World War II,World War I,Service Records,War Memorials and more
- Letters from the Great War Letters home from John Cannon Stothers in World War 1, 1916-1919. War Diaries of the 11th & 12th Canadian Machine Gun Company at Passchendaele.
- Library and Archives Canada: War and Military A selection of Library and Archives Canada resources on the Canadian military and war experiences.
- Museum of the Regiments The history of the Canadian military and links to related sites.
- National Film Board of Canada - WW1 A collection of films outlining Canada's participation in World War One.
- Peacekeeper's Home Page Created by a Canadian peacekeeping veteran in dedication to all Canadian peacekeepers.
- Pinetree Line Dedicated to the many thousands of men and women who spent a part of their life at the radar stations strategically located to counter air threats against North America, known as the Pinetree Line.
- Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry The PPCLI, formed in 1914, is one of the three regular force Canadian Infantry Regiments. The information in this site is intended to provide you with a better understanding of the Regiment, the many roles over the years, and a storied history.
- Project Roots Locating the Canadian fathers of British and European War Children who were born to single, unwed mothers in the aftermath of World War Two.
- Queen's Own Rifles of Canada Canada's oldest continuing infantry regiment, The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada was formed on April 26, 1860. Originally the Regiment's name was the Second Battalion, Volunteer Militia Rifles of Canada.
- Queen's York Rangers Information on the 1st American Regiment of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps and Canadian military links.
- RCAF 434 Squadron This site contains many photos of aircraft, daily life at the airfields, and documents, along with the history of 434 Squadron. More importantly a collection of Aircrew photos, 1374 airmen volunteered for this squadron, tragically 347 made the ultimate sa
- RCMP Historical Highlights A brief outline of significant dates in the history of the RCMP from the 1800's to today.
- Remembrance Day Come and meet a young man who didn't say no when his country called. He is only one of millions who gave their lives in a fight against tyranny. Photographs of the first world war with a Canadian slant.
- Researching Canadian Soldiers of the First World War A brief introduction to researching Canadian soldiers of the First World War. It is intended to merely introduce the topic, as a comprehensive treatment would cover many pages and be overwhelming for any new researcher in this subject area.
- Royal Canadian Air Force Memorial Museum Museum information, aircraft, donors wall, memorials.
- Russians & Ukrainians in the C.E.F. 1914-1919 Since 2003, research has been undertaken and continues about thousands of men from Ukrainian and other regions of Imperial Russia who enlisted in Canada. Contact with and interviews of descendants of these veterans is needed for a forthcoming book.
- Seven Years War Website Articles, uniform and service charts for regiments, and replicas covering this period of conflict.
- Songs Popular during the First World War Hear sound clips of soungs such as Pack Up Your Troubles and It's a Long Way to Tipperary.
- The Hins' World War II Collection The Canadian Army in The Netherlands during the liberation in 1945.
- The Memory Project A campaign to support the efforts of Canadian veterans to share their experiences. The Veterans Archives contains stories about Canadians whose lives were touched by war.
- The Queen's/King's Medal Listing of Canadian recipients of this medal which was awarded to the Champion Shot of the Military Forces of the United Kingdom.
- The Royal Canadian Regiment and The First World War - 1914-1919 These pages present elements of the story of The RCR in the Great War through a new presentation of existing documents combining the unit's War Diary and existing information on the officers and on the NCOs and soldiers of the Regiment.
- The War of 1812 Produced as a companion to the four part documentary film production on the 1812 conflict this site is intended for anybody interested in this fascinating period of North American history.
- The War of 1812 (LearnAlberta) A visual timeline of events.
- Tribute to the Merchant Seamen of World War II A tribute to all the members of the Allied Merchant Navy who served around the world during World War II.
- Unofficial Homepage of 439 Tiger Squadron Comprehensive and historically accurate accounting of a Canadian Air Force Squadron with over 550 pages of rare vintage photos and 5000 words of text.
- Unofficial Homepage of the RCAF 424 Squadron This site contains information on the R.C.A.F. 424 Squadron. There is a memorial to the crew of the Halifax MKIII LV879.
- Veterans Affairs Canada Recognizing and honouring the sacrifices of Canada's veterans and all Canadian citizens during war. Canadian Military Medals and Decorations, Mission and Mandate, The Carillon newsletter and Commerations.
- Victoria Cross Reference Includes details on the 91 Canadian recipients.
- War Brides Searchable database of Second World War British and European War Brides sailing from British ports to Canada and United States
- War Brides in Canada Eswyn Lyster is writing a detailed history of Canadian War Brides. Any information you could contribute would be greatly appreciated. Includes a lost and found message board, photo album, and links to related sites.
- War Diaries of the First World War Digitized War Diaries of the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF) units.
- War Memorials The pages linked here honour those who sacrificed their lives serving their countries and humanity during war and in peace - especially in peacekeeping. It is intended to be a place to honour the memories, the sacrifices, and the loss.
- War of 1812 Muster Rolls First Muster Roll, Corps of Canadian Volunteers. 18 July 1813 - 31 August 1813.
- War of 1812 Website Articles, quality book reviews and offers, extensive links, and the largest collection of War of 1812 images on the internet.
- War of 1812-1814 The soldiers, weapons of the War, United Empire Loyalists, battles from the War of 1812, women during the War, and links to other War of 1812 sites.
- World War One - Josiah Chancellor Kennedy The story of Josiah Alexander Chancellor Kennedy who enlisted in the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, moved to the Royal Irish Rifles, then served out the remainder of WWI in a German POW camp.
- Newfoundland Great War Heritage Project This website is intended to assist family, schools, and other researchers conducting Newfoundland and Labrador genealogical, and cultural heritage research by providing a searchable database of the Newfoundland Regiment (1914-1918) nominal roll index.
- Catholics of NS in WW1 Catholics of the Diocese of Antigonish and The Great War 1914-1919. Nominal Enlistment Rolls by Parishes, St. Francis Xavier University Press.
- Archives of Ontario Remembers the Home Front (WW II) Joining Up, Military Training in Ontario, Wartime Production, Fund raising and Volunteerism, Sources and Additional Information.
- Bruce County Virtual Memorial To recognize and keep alive the memory of the achievements and sacrifices of the citizens of Bruce County who have served in the defence of freedom.
- Fort Erie and The War of 1812 Fort Erie's contribution to the War of 1812 is the focus, however the site dwells in all aspects of the War of the 1812 as an information center.
- German - Canadian Museum of Applied History History of the Brunswick troops defending Canada from 1776 to 1783. Includes a short history of the Duchy of Brunswick and some of the cities of the Duchy of Brunswick.
- Men of the Empire Grey County Soldiers who gave their lives as a result of The Great War (1914-1918).
- Peterborough Wall of Honour 8,000+ Searchable name list of those who served in the Military from Peterborough County in WWI, WWII, Korea and Merchant Marine. Some listings include photographs. This virtual wall will be located in Confederation Park in 2004.
- War of 1812 The late 18th and early 19th century was an era of conflict. The war between Great Britain and France raged between 1793 and 1815 with few interruptions.
Prince Edward Island
- Regina Rifles 1st Battalion, The Regina Rifles in the Second World War. Honour roll, nominal roll, war diaries, photos, awards.