There are 143 links in this section.
Archives - Libraries - Museums
- Archives Nationales du Quebec Information on their holdings, addresses of regional centres, etc. French Only.
- McCord Museum Searchable collection of historical photographs, for the purpose of increasing awareness of the social history and material culture of Canada, Quebec and Montreal, from the 18th century to the present.
Birth, Marriage, Death
Cemetery - Obituary
- Acadian - French Canadian Research Page Information on how to trace your Acadian or French-Canadian heritage. Acadian family names, Alphabetical listing of terms in Acadian or French-Canadian research, dit names, links to Acadian sites.
- Francophone Genealogy Centre Clubs and associations, ancestors and history, resource centre, genealogy tools and genealogy forum.
- Généalogie Québec The most diversified site about Quebec genealogy with dozen of tools from origin of New France to Quebec in 2012.
- Quebec, and Eastern Townships Genealogy Includes a 515,000+ name searchable database. Extensive background articles on how to search for your roots in Quebec. Turn of the century maps.
- Tighsolas A Canadian Family 1908-1911, who were descendants of Lewis Scots
- YourFolks.com: Quebec genealogy database Free and very easy easy to use database for Quebec marriages. Very powerful search engine. You can go from children to parents with one click. Includes names frequency as well as pioneers history with an image of their wedding act. Already thousands of me
- 17th Century Canadian History Various articles about early Canadian history and ancestry, based mainly on notary documents.
- BNQ Databases Contains more than 475 000 titles of books, serials, and downloadable PDF documents.
- Galway Ireland to Quebec Canada Vieux Quebec, St.Anne-de-Beaupre, Grosse-Ile, Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec. Grey Bruce County, Ontario.
- Heritage Montreal Dedicated to the preservation of Greater Montreal's architectural, landscape and social heritage.
- Kamouraska Information on the Kamouraska region, and its early settlers.
- Les tresors de la Cartotheque de l'Universite Laval Historic maps of New France, Canada and Quebec.
- Magog & Lake Memphremagog The story of Magog and surrounding area, Historical and scenic photos of the Eastern Townships and many useful links.
- Quebec History Extensive site that analyses the main events, issues and concepts of Quebec history from 1760 to today. The site offers readings, maps, documents, statistics, chronologies, biographies and links to other sites.
- Quebec History Timeline Starting with 1534 when Jacques Cartier first explored the Gulf of Saint-Laurent.
- St. Columban (Saint Colomban) Quebec This site is dedicated to all the Irish immigrants that came to Canada in the early 1820s and settled in the Village of St. Columban, Québec.
St. Columban is located about 60 miles north-west of Montréal, Quebec, Canada.
- Townships Heritage Contains individual pages for some fifty museums, interpretation centres, and historical and genealogical societies all around the Eastern Townships.
- Virtual Museum of New France Their mission is to disseminate knowledge of the period of history in which the French explored North America and founded the colony of New France. Travel through over two centuries of a French presence in North America, and learn about Canada's past.
Organizations and Societies
- American-Canadian Genealogical Society Dedicated to gathering, preservation and dissemination of American-Canadian genealogical information, with the primary emphasis on the study of the unique French-Canadian and Franco-American heritage.
- American-French Genealogical Society Publications, library Information and info about the AFGS which is dedicated to the study and preservation of the French-Canadian culture.
- Brome County Historical Society Brome County Historical Society
Museum & Archives operating since 1897
family records, original family trees put together by researchers over the years. A small research fee is charged to help offset time, postage and copying.
- Club de Genealogie de Longueuil Information about the Club de Genealogie de Longueuil, members activity plus the catalogue of the publications. French Only.
- Federation of Quebec Genealogy Societies An umbrella organization for Quebec genealogy societies which aids in promoting genealogy in this province.
- French Canadian/Acadian Genealogists of Wisconsin Dedicated to research and education regarding French Canadian and Acadian Genealogy.
- L'Association des Moisan Site officiel de l'Association des Moisan.
- La societe des filles du roi et soldats du Carignan Honoring the memory of our courageous ancestors, the filles du roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salieres Regiment of 17th century New France.
- Quebec Family History Society Information on this society and a listing of members surname interests.
- Quebec Genealogy Society An introduction to this society and its activities.
- Richmond County Historical Society Information about the early history of Richmond County and vicinity in the Eastern Townships of Quebec.
- So. Cal. Genealogical Society French-Canadian Interest Group Includes membership and activities as well as the library holdings and surnames that our members are researching. Site also contains the History of the Branchereau, Brancheau, Branchaud Family.
- Societe Historique du Marigot Focuses on the city of Longueuil and includes a large dictionary helpful for both genealogists and historians.
- Vermont French-Canadian Genealogical Society Dedicated to research in French-Canadian ancestry. Projects planned include compiling the Church records of local Catholic parishes, and collecting local obituaries Site includes information on their newsletter and links to related sites.
- Westmount Historical Association Formed in 1944 to encourge public awareness of Westmount's history and to promote research into the city's social and cultural development.
- Aline's French-Canadian Ancestors My Ancestor's sailed in ship's from France back in the 1600's. Where they landed was later to be called New France which is called Quebec, Canada today. Most of them were Farmers, Capentiers, Stone layers, and Merchants.
- Arbre Genealogique de la famille Mailly Mailly 's Family Tree and the history of Quebec as it was created by my ancestor.
- Armoiries des familles du Québec Armoiries, armoirie et famille souche. Ce que nous vous proposons est un document avec un bref histoire de votre premier ancêtre souche ,de votre armoiries et création d’armoiries de famille.
- Association des Tremblay d'Amerique Official web site of the largest french-canadian family. Our association was founded in 1978. Genealogical research service available.
- Beauparlants of North America Jean Beauparlant, the only Beauparlant to immigrate to New France was born in France in 1711. He married on the 7th of January 1734, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. French only.
- Bella's French Connection with a Newfie Twist Genealogy of COTE and CLOUTIER in a searchable database.
- Ben R. Londeree Home Page The Quebec Landrys. Over 41,000 descendants of Guillaume Landry.
- Besset-Bessette 1642-1998 From a young soldier 1665 in France to Quebec to protect Steelers from Indians. Married one of King Louis 14th's Daughters sent from France to Quebec to begin population growth of Quebec, Canada
- Bilodeau, Billadeau, Billadeaux Available in French and English relating to Bilodeau families.
- Bryan Mathieu Boucher Family Home Page Ancestors of Andre Jean Boucher and ancestors of Marie-Ludivine LaPierre.
- Canadian Fontaine Genealogy Association A focal point for genealogists researching the surnames FONTAINE, FOUNTAIN, LAFONTAINE, LAFOUNTAIN, BIENVENU, WELCOME, PION and SPRING that are descendants of French immigrants that settled in New France.
- Catherine Baillon Many people of French-Canadian ancestry can claim descent from Catherine Baillon, daughter of Alphonse de Baillon, ecuyer, and Louise de Marle. Born near Paris around 1645, he came to New France around 1669 as a daughter of the King.
- Claude's Page Prince, Legault, Hebert, Blanchard, Forest, Richard, Breault, Thibodeau, Girardin, Legault, Galion, Benard, Brisebois, Lapierre, Boileau, Desjardins, Gendron.
- Dan & Diann Hebert's Genealogy Researching Beck, Bennett, Flickinger, Goodwin, Hebert, Jarvis, Lambert, Poirier, Ranker, Santmire, Spath and Stillwell.
- Darlenes Gaspe and New Brunswick Families Families of the Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec and across the bay in Restigouche Co., New Brunswick.
- Dea and Donald Families in Canada James, John, and Dennis DEA (or O'DEA) came to Canada from County Limerick, Ireland in the 1820's. They settled in Port Daniel, in the Gaspe, Quebec.
- Descendants of Toussaint Hunault Compiling all descendants of Toussaint Hunault dit Deschamps and Marie Lorgueil. Over 28,000 direct descendants and 13054 marriages. What you can't see you can get from me.
- Donna Nightingale's Genealogy Largely based on French Canadian family names and a small amount of Germans from the Detroit River region. It contains many French names and some great links for those researching the area of Monroe Co., Michigan, Canada and Europe.
- Dore-Dorais Families Jean Dore & Marie Boyer leave France in the late 1600's for Chateauguay, Quebec. Lived in Saint Philomene, Quebec raising a large family. In the 1800's they left Canada for the USA.
- Dubreuil Family Tree Genealogy tracing the descendants of Jean-Baptiste Dubreuil and his wife Marie-Josephte Lapointe of Bout de I'le Quebec. This site also contains early French-Canadian and Canadian history.
- Duquette Web Virtually all DUQUET[TE]s in North America take their name from Denis DUQUET (DuQuay), who left his native home of France to establish new lands across the sea in what, today, is Eastern Canada.
- Dussault Family Home Page Researching Jean Leger dit Parisien & his wife Lucy McKie of Quebec and northern Ontario, John Dunn & Ellen McEnery of Brantford Ontario, Ernest Martel and Liliane Lafontaine of Quebec.
- Families of Donald Paul Dube and Georgette Marie St-Laurent Researching Dube, Devine, Landry, Brodeur, Gagne dit Bellavance, Lyons, Mc Ewin, Ryan, St-Laurent, Bonenfant, Breton, Arseneault. Campion, L'Italien, Bernier and Denis.
- Famille Savage Family Descendants of Jans Sauvage & Marguerite Martin dite St-Jean
- Famille Sérandour Ancestors of Sérandour family arrived in Quebec in 1952.
- Farley/Hass Genealogy Includes information on the O'Connors and Jennings families who came from Ireland and spent time living in the city of Rawdon, Quebec.
- Gaspe Roots Tracing my family in Quebec's Gaspe coast and on the other side of the Bay Chaleur in Restigouche and Gloucester counties of New Brunswick. My gedcom is available for browsing.
- Genealogie - Buteau - Genealogy Des pages sur l'histoire de ma famille, arbre genealogique, armoiries et autres sujets.
- Genealogie des Chartrand Chartrand, Dagenais, Daigneault, Deblois, Gauthier, Guiard, Lacasse, Lebeau, Lecompte, Legault, Lousignant, Martineau, Masse, PatenÃ´tre, Renaud, Rose.
- Genealogy of Rosemarie J. Schulte Surnames from Quebec include TREMBLAY, RIVARD, FOURNIER, PELTIER.
- Genealogy/Genealogie Genealogy for Belanger, Narbonne and Fortin.
- Home page of Jacques Trempe Searching Bergevin/Langevin, Trempe-Piette, Cimon, Mathon, Tetu.
- Huguette Jobin's Genealogy Page Dedicated to Pierre Deshayes and Marguerite Guillet. Also information on Jobin, Brun, Page and Prou.
- Jacques & Mayotte (Maillot, Mailhot) & Related Families Family pages with lineages and other items of family interest for the descendants of Nicholas Jacques & Marie Soyer and for the descendants of Rene Maillot dit Laviolette.
- Jeanne's Genealogy Page My BEAUVAIS dit St. GEMME the line begins with the Montreal Immigrants Jacques Beauvais and Jeanne Solde. Jacques came to Montreal about 1652. His wife, Jeanne came in Le Grande Recue 1653. They were married at Notre Dame Montreal in Jan 1654.
- Jeannine Ouellet's Homepage The family of Elisee Ouellet and Georgianna Lavoie. More than three hundred years of history.
- Jill's Genealogy Researching many Quebec names, including RABIDEAU / ROBIDOUX.
- L'Association des Fournier d'Amerique Les Fournier d'Amerique regroupe les descendants de tous les ancetres Fournier venus au Quebec, Canada et aux Etats-Unis.
- Lareau's French Canadian Gedcoms Download Gedcom files for a variety of French Canadian surnames.
- LePage, Page, Barrette, Denomme, Dupuis, Remillard Includes a surname index and links to related sites.
- Les Descendants de Louis Pinard Brief history Louis Pinard (1634-1695) descendents include the names, Pinard, Beauchemin, Fleurent, Florent, Lauzier, Lauziere, Raiche and others.
- Louis Guertin dit Le Sabotier The Story of Louis Guertin dit Le Sabotier, Current Guertin Researchers and Their Quests, The Guertin Crest and other Images, Speculation Regarding Louis Guertin, and Reference Material.
- Maison Quesnel House This web site is for anyone who is interested in the Family Quesnel (or derivation of). All data collected on these pages is from archives, newspapers, journals and other genealogical sources.
- McConomy's & Trudel's Canadian McConomy's traced back to about 1847. Descendants of Cornelius McConomy came to Canada during the potato famine.
- Morrison Clan The site contains family history for the Morrison Clan that came Canada in the 1830 and settled in the area of Shrewsbury Quebec.
- Nadeau Family Genealogy Pictorial and anecdotal archive of Nadeaus of North America.
- Page personelle des Saumure - The Saumure's Home Page Nous sommes interesses dans la genealogie de la famille des Semeur, Semur, Samur, Somur, Semur, Samure, Saumur, et Saumure.
- Parent - Frost Families Organization This site is for anyone with a lineage or marriage connection to Joseph Anthony Parent (1893-1978) and Dorthea Rebecca Frost (1906-1994). The Parent and Lavoie lines are linked to numerous prominent French-Canadian families.
- Pelletier Genealogy Listing of major Peltier, Pelletier ancestors, coat of arms, association and other resources.
- Phaneuf Ancetres This site is dedicated to Claude-Mathias Fanef, born Matthias Farnsworth, ancestor of the Phaneuf family.
- Pilon Association The Association was created on the 300th anniversary of the 1691 birth of Jean Pilon, the first son of Antoine Pilon of France, and Marie-Anne Brunet, a Canadian.
- Ricard The Ricard of North America came over from Europe.This site looks at how the families have grown and spread through North America.
- Roussel families in North America All about Roussel settlers who came from Brittany, Normandy and Languedoc. More than 20 pioners. Five different branches have been traced.
- Russell/Campbell Family Tree Researching the GRIFFITH, ROGERS, and WOOD families from Argenteuil County, Quebec.
- Shore/Giard Family Home Page Decendents of NICOLAS GIARD DIT ST-MARTIN and MARIE CLAUDE PRAT.
- SIMONEAU Genealogy and History Histoire et genealogie de familles SIMONEAU families genealogy and history. Simoneau dit Sanschagrin, Simoneau dit Pipe, Simoneaux from Louisiana.
- St. Columban, Quebec, Canada This site is dedicated to Irish immigrants that arrived in Montreal, Quebec in the 1820's and settled in St. Columban (in French spelled as Colomban). This site also includes the effort to repair broken tombstones and the cemetery.
- Sutton Searchers Focusing on SUTTON Surname and collateral surname family history. Also, back issues of the quarterly SUTTON surname family history and genealogical research newsletter: SUTTON SEARCHERS are available.
- The A.P. Allard Family Tree Family names of interest are: Brunelle, Biron, Cote, Lauziere and Therriault.
- The genealogy page of Suzanne Researching the descendants of Paul Levesque and Salomee Marquis of l'Isle Verte, Quebec. French.
- The Viens Family Genealogy Surnames: Viens, Vien, Roy, descendants of Vivien Jean & Elisabeth Drouet and Jean Roy and Francoise Bouet.
- Turning Point Genealogy Project Descendents of Marie GUILLET dit Lajeunesse of Trois Riviere.
- Voyer & Bedard Genealogy Page 164,000 Individuals with following dominant surnames:
Bedard - 12,000+
Massicot - 2000+
Voyer - 1900+
Caron - 1900
Cote - 1300+
Paqeot - 1200+
- Welcome to my Family Pages History and Genealogy of the McConnery, McGee, O'Connor and Charron families of the West Quebec region of Canada.
- Wheeler Genealogy Ed Sanders compendium of Wheeler genealogy.
- Cote Genealogy and History Information on two books containing over 2500 direct descendants of Jean Cote, the ancestors of the vast majority of Cote's in Canada.
- Drouin Genealogical Institute The Drouin Genealogical Institute was for a long time the most important company performing genealogical researche in Quebec. The genealogical patrimony of the Institute is now for sale.
- The Sherbrooke Daily Record A journalist's scrapbook: 1953-1968. This 103-year-old paper is now known as The Record. It is one of only two English-language daily newspapers left in the Province of Quebec.
- The Stanstead Journal The Eastern Townships' only english weekly, since 1845. Contains genealogical and historical information.
- Quebec Religious Heritage Foundation This site is designed as a promotional tool for the dissemination of information on Quebec's religious heritage inside and outside our borders.
- French-Canadian Genealogy Search Service Located in historic Quebec City, the cradle of French North America, the French-Canadian Genealogy Search Service offers professional-quality genealogical search services at an affordable price.
- Quebec Family History Services Professional genealogical research services for both French and English Canadian families.
- Filles du Roi The women and girls of marrying age who emigrated to New France between 1663 and 1673 and whose transportation and settlement expenses were assumed by the royal treasury.
- PRDH - The Research Program in Historical Demography Making genealogical information on old Quebec available on the Internet. Search vital events 1621-1799, genealogical dictionary of families 1621-1765, the repertory of couples and filial relations 1621-1799.