There are 285 links in this section.
Archives - Libraries - Museums
- ARCHEION, Ontario Archival Information Network A research tool providing access to over 4000 descriptions of archival records held by over 40 archives in Ontario, members of the Archives Association of Ontario.
- Archives of Ontario Amazing facts and figures, Genealogy research at the Archives of Ontario, Aboriginal peoples in the archives.
- Arnprior & District Archives Collections include town and township records, business documents, museum material, genealogical collections, photographs and maps.
- Brampton Library Local History Collection A closed collection, housed at Chinguacousy Resource Branch, the Brampton Library Local History Collection focuses on the history of the City of Brampton and the former Townships of Chinguacousy and Toronto Gore.
- Buxton Historic Site & Museum A Black Historical Site, formerly named the Raleigh Township Centennial Museum, located in the village of North Buxton, Ontario. Original site of the Elgin Settlement, which was for many, the last stop on the underground railroad.
- Dufferin County Museum & Archives The Museum features a collection of artifacts and archives ranging from a vast tool collection to local photographs.
- Essex and Community Historical Research Society Located in the Town of Essex we focus on Essex County genealogy, heritage and history. We have our resource centre catalogue online and searchable as well as a catalogue of Essex County Cemetery Headstone photos.
- Halinet, The Public Libraries of Halton With access to local historical indexes of census records, birth, marriage and death records, land records, surrogate court records, and business directories.
- Heritage Renfrew & Renfrew Archives Heritage Renfrew which sponsors Renfrew Archives is a non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to preserving, enhancing, recognizing and sharing the history and culture of Renfrew and area.
- Kingsville Historical Park Kingsville Historical Park is the home of the Charlie Campbell Military Museum located in Kingsville, Ontario. We focus on the military history of the residents of Essex County from 1861 to the present.
- Lake of the Woods Museum Located in Kenora, Ontario, this museum exists to collect and preserve any material which may help to establish or illustrate the history of Kenora (originally called Rat Portage), Keewatin and Lake of the Woods.
- Lanark County Archives and the Lanark County Genealogical Society History Comes Alive at the Archives . . .
Lanark County Archives, operated by volunteers of Lanark County Genealogical Society, is accessible to the general public for all genealogical and historical documents pertaining to Lanark County Ontario.
- Macaulay Heritage Park See displays of the county's rich history at the Prince Edward County Museum. Experience the feeling of mid 19th-century life at Macaulay House. Explore historic gardens and tour old St. Mary Magdalene cemetery.
- Mennonite Archives of Ontario Describes the collections held in the Mennonite Archives of Ontario in Waterloo, Ontario. Includes some finding aids.
- Mississauga Library System One of the largest public libraries in Canada. It contains the Ruth Konrad Local History Collection of Canadiana, the main emphasis of which is the history of Mississauga and the region of Peel.
- Niagara Historical Resource Centre Information on the finding aids they have available.
- Norfolk Historical Society The Eva Brook Donly Museum & Archives is home to an outstanding artifact collection, hundreds of family histories, thousands of photographs, indexed Vital Stats and much more reflecting Norfolk County's rich past. A genealogist's treasure tr
- North Bay Area Museum The Museum features a wide range of exhibits on local history.
- North York Library - Canadiana Collection A retrospective collection of closed reference materials on the historical and cultural development of Canada. Emphasis is on North York history, local history and genealogy.
- Ontario Museum Association Directory of Ontario Museums, links to museum related sites.
- Ottawa Public Library An overview resources, telnet to the catalogue, and interesting links.
- Oxford County Library Includes branch information, online databases, anf genealogical information.
- Peterborough Centennial Museum & Archives Search the holdings of the Peterborough Archives, find out how the Archives can serve your research needs, learn more about the Roy Studio photographic collection and much more.
- Region of Peel Archives Includes both municipal and private records for Region of Peel (City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, Town of Caledon) ROP Archives part of Peel Heritage Complex, which also includes ROP Museum, and Art Gallery of Peel.
- Toronto Reference Library The special collections, genealogy & maps centre provides access to the library's rare and specialized research collections.
- Uxbridge-Scott Museum The Uxbridge-Scott Museum has included an archives for local genealogy and history since it began in 1972. Assistance is available to those who may not be familiar with local history and records.
- Windsor Public Library Digital exhibits include The War of 1812 in the Western District, Pelee Island and Middle Island, Historic Sites of Walkerville, The Fleetway and The Macdonald Papers.
Birth, Marriage, Death
- BMD indices for Port Hope/Hope Township Includes births, marriages and deaths from 1832-1920.
- Donnellys in Ontario Includes Donnelly (and variant) birth registration listings for the period 1869 to 1895, marriage registration listings for the period 1873 to 1915, death registration listings for the period 1869 to 1919.
- Early Ontario Newspapers Notices The goal of this website is to provide as many birth , death, and marriage notices online as possible.
- Ingersoll Chronicle Online Database Searchable index of all the birth, death and marriage notices found in the Ingersoll Chronicle paper from 1854 - 1919.
- Ingersoll Tribune Online Database An index to the Birth, Death, and Marriage Notices from the Ingersoll Tribune newspaper, 1870-1970.
- Marriages in Ontario, 1800 - 1924 A mix of many surnames in a number of counties, arranged by year.
- Ontario Birth, Marriage and Deaths Indexes A helpful explanation of the Archives of Ontario Vital Stats index films. Provides a cross reference of their numbers to the corresponding LDS film numbers for Ontario Birth, Marriage and Death Registrations.
- The Islands Devoted to any and all types of information concerning Wolfe Island, Howe Island, Garden Island and Amherst Island. Includes Vital Records for the area.
Cemetery - Obituary
- Alton Cemetery Photographs of the markers in the Alton Cemetery, Alton, Ontario.
- Cemeteries in the County of Oxford, Ontario Contains over 100 cemeteries found in Oxford County.
- Cemeteries of Stormont and Dundas Counties Tombstone transcriptions from cemeteries in Stormont and Dundas Counties.
- Cemeteries of the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound Inscriptions and photos of various area cemeteries.
- Chatham-Kent Cemeteries Preservation Project A website dedicated in the preservation of Chatham-Kent's cemeteries
- Early Ontario Baptism, Marriage and Burial Records A large selection of old records from some of the ministers tending to their flocks in the late 1700s and early 1800s. Other non religious records are also included. Over 2 Mb of data.
- Fairview Cemetery in the Municipality of DuttonDunwich Information for the site was first obtained from the John Kenneth Reference Library, with additional information gleaned from the DuttonDunwich Municipal Office and from personal visits to the Cemetery.
- Field of Stones Info and photos of Abandoned and Pioneer Cemeteries in Ontario.
- Gateway to Ontario Cemeteries Info and volunteers who will help others find information relating to Ontario Cemeteries - including transcriptions and photos.
- Hastings County Cemeteries Transcriptions and photos of over 11 cemeteries in Hasting County.
- Historic Plaques of Oxford County Index of plaques and markers (exclusive of grave stones) placed by various federal, provincial, municipal, and private groups, located in Oxford County.
- Lakefield Cemetery The Lakefield Cemetery website provides its burial register online, as well as historical information and links to other genealogical sites.
- Northeastern Ontario Canada Gravemarkers Album A free gallery of over 50,000 Gravemarker photographs taken in Northeastern, Ontario, Canada.
- Onario Headstone Photo Project This project is archiving headstone photos for all cemeteries in Ontario.
You can Help!
- Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid OCFA contains over 3 million entries and is searchable online.
- Ontario Obituaties Helping people gain access to obituaries and connecting researchers through requests. Obituary Request page is available if obituary is not available in database.
- St. Paul's Cemetery, Wisbeach, Warwick Twp., Lambton Co Site includes photographs of gravestones and transcripts of obituaries of the people buried in this small southwestern Ontario cemetery.
- St. Stephen's Cemetery, Brooke, Ontario Cemetery Transcription
- St. Vincent de Paul, Roman Catholic Church Cemetery Photographs of stones in this cemetery in Deseronto.
- Thunder Bay District Cemeteries Transcripts from nine Thunder Bay district cemeteries.
- Thunder Bay District Obituary Indexing Project Indexing death notices, obituaries, estate notices and In Memoriams from the Fort William Times-Journal(1900-1972), Port Arthur News-Chronicle(1906-1972) and Thunder Bay Chronicle-Journal(1972-1999) for the 20th century.
- Bracebridge This community site includes a genealogy and history section and information on the pioneers who settled this area north of Toronto.
- Bytown or Bust Contains 550 pages of history and genealogy information for the Ottawa, Canada region.
- Durham Genealogical Resources Genealogical Resources for the Durham Region
- Grey Bruce Image Archives A couple of thousand historic images of Grey and Bruce Counties including many in Owen Sound. They include architecture, urban landscapes, business, industry, transportation and social gatherings, enjoy an entertaining online slide show.
- Innisfil Bradford Information Database The site contains photographs and vital statistic of those who lived in our area from about 1840 on; the Cookstown Tweedsmuir History Books and a collection of Native Artifacts found in Innisfil. Fully searchable by keyword, date or date range.
- Manitoulin Island Genealogy Databases contain birth, mariage and death records, cemeteries of the area, census and a variety of other local area information.
- Mike's Ontario Ghost Towns and Abandoned Places Includes photos, current status of the town, location and general information.
- Norfolk Genealogy Local genealogy and history resources and Norfolk's earliest pioneers.
- Official Donnelly Home Page The Donnellys of Biddulph Township who were massacred Feb 4, Historical information, view photos, submit comments, stories or poetry about the Donnellys, ask/answer questions, find out about Donnelly books & their authors.
- Ontario History Quest Explore the past from images of original letters, diaries, pictures and other documents.
- Ontario's Plaques Take a look at a part of Ontario's history. Since 1956, over 1,100 plaques have been erected to commemorate people, places, and events in Ontario's heritage. Ontario began erecting plaques to increase public awareness of Ontario's past.
- Parkhill Centennial Book Complete searchable online transcription of the Parkhill (Ontario) Centennial book, a history of Parkhill and the surrounding townships of McGillivray, East and West Williams.
- County of Lennox and Addington Includes information on the History of the Lennox and Addington area. Families began arriving in Loyalist Country during the summer of 1784, when the first United Empire Loyalists landed on the shores of modern-day Adolphustown.
- Gateway to Northwestern Ontario History Photos, books, drawings and artifacts from libraries and museums of Northwestern Ontario.
- Genealogy and Social History of Morewood An archive of photographs and anecdotal history of early life in small-town Canada.
- Heritage Ottawa Official Web Site Educates and informs residents and visitors to Ottawa on the benefits of preserving the city's heritage from the perspectives of history, architecture, quality of life and tourism.
- Historical Glimpses of Stephenson Township Information on the history of Stephenson Township, District of Muskoka, Ontario.
- History of Lennon & Addington County The history of the county crest take a walking tour of historic Bath, the historic Addington Road driving tour, historic sites in Loyalist Country.
- History of Toronto and County of York Contains transcriptions of bios from 1885; photos and info about historical buildings and churches in Toronto; overview of Toronto history; history/genealogy links; and genealogy of four Toronto families: Pickard, Beckett, Blackmore and Strode.
- Kanata History Timeline The city of Kanata history, in a timeline format. Tracing issues and events from before the 1977 Mayo Report recommending the creation of the new City of Kanata, up to the present.
- Long Point Settlers Dedicated to the history and genealogy of the early families in Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada. R. Robert Mutrie, researcher, writer and historian has created this site to help family researchers in their quest for ancestral knowledge.
- Magic Assembling The articles section contains information topics including the Italians in Toronto 1885-1915, history of the Maltese Canadian Community, Irish Catholics in a Victorian Toronto, recollections and experiences, Ukrainian settlement 1903-1914.
- Old Time Corner The Old Time Corner, published in the Essex Free Press in Essex, Ontario, has stories and photographs of local historical interest. Located in the centre (hub) of Essex County, has a claim to fame of blowing up TWICE in it's 125 year history.
- Ontario History A Province of Ontario sponsored page providing details on the native peoples and early settlers to World War II.
- Oral History Project Grade 9 & 10 history students interviewed grandparents, parents, neighbours and other "OLD" people concerning the early 1900's through the 1960's. Life experiences concerning WWI, the Great Depression, WWII, and life in general during these times.
- SydenhamDiscovery.ca This virtual exhibit explores the cultural and natural heritage of the Sydenham River, in Southwestern Ontario.
- The Evangelical Christian Church in Canada The Evangelical Christian Church in Canada was founded in 1804 under the leadership of Barton Stone and others who led the way of the Great Awakening in North America and around the world. Today the ECC continues the tradition taught by Barton Stone
- Waterloo - Historical Outline Historical outline of Waterloo from the 18th century to present.
- Canadian County Atlas Digital Project Searchable database of the property owners names which appear on the township maps in the county atlases. Township maps, portraits and properties have been scanned, with links from the property owners names in the database.
- Lambton County Names and Places Included information of each location. Sorted by name.
- Land Records in Ontario Information of the system of land division, how to determine the lot and concession numbers, types of land and where to locate the records.
- Kingston Roots Directory of Websites for discovering your Kingston, Ontario Heritage, with bookmarked subjects including Kingston Genealogy, Kingston History, Historic Kingston Pictures, Kingston area family pages, General Genealogy.
- Eastern Ontario Mailing List Information on EONTGEN-L, a 'no-cost' email based forum for subscribers to discuss aspects of the history, geography and genealogy of the eastern area of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- Upper Canada Mailing List A mailing list for discussion of genealogy and history of Upper Canada (present day Ontario) before Confederation (1867).
- Archives and Collections Society A non-profit foundation dedicated to maritime history and conservation, marine research and nautical education.
- Downward Bound Owning or working on a ship, shipyard worker, lighthouse keeper, Coast Guard, or Merchant Marines, we hope to be able to give you some help as far as resources, an address or lookup in some of the resources we have on hand.
- Archives of Ontario Remembers the Home Front (WW II) Joining Up, Military Training in Ontario, Wartime Production, Fund raising and Volunteerism, Sources and Additional Information.
- Bruce County Virtual Memorial To recognize and keep alive the memory of the achievements and sacrifices of the citizens of Bruce County who have served in the defence of freedom.
- Fort Erie and The War of 1812 Fort Erie's contribution to the War of 1812 is the focus, however the site dwells in all aspects of the War of the 1812 as an information center.
- German - Canadian Museum of Applied History History of the Brunswick troops defending Canada from 1776 to 1783. Includes a short history of the Duchy of Brunswick and some of the cities of the Duchy of Brunswick.
- Men of the Empire Grey County Soldiers who gave their lives as a result of The Great War (1914-1918).
- Peterborough Wall of Honour 8,000+ Searchable name list of those who served in the Military from Peterborough County in WWI, WWII, Korea and Merchant Marine. Some listings include photographs. This virtual wall will be located in Confederation Park in 2004.
- War of 1812 The late 18th and early 19th century was an era of conflict. The war between Great Britain and France raged between 1793 and 1815 with few interruptions.
Organizations and Societies
- Association for the Preservation of Ontario Land Registry Office Documents APOLROD was formed in response to the Fall 1996 plan to dispose or disperse all 1868-1955 Ontario land records. APOLROD members were aware that our land records contained a diversity of information beyond simple land transfer records.
- British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa Encourage and facilitates research and its
dissemination by people with ancestry in the British
Isles: that is, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern
Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man,
and the Channel Islands.
- Bruce and Grey Branch, OGS Calender of upcoming events, publications for sale and queries.
- Bruce County Genealogical Society Bruce County Information for Genealogical Research.
- Bruce County Historical Society Information on this society, including a publications list.
- Col. Edward Jessup Branch UELAC History of the Branch and also of the area, cemeteries, historical houses and our projects.
- Colonel John Butler, (Niagara) Branch, UEL of Canada The Col. John Butler Branch of the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada can trace its origins as far back as 1898, when Captain John D. Servos organized a branch in Virgil, which was a early settlement in the Niagara area.
- Durham Region Branch, OGS Society information and publications list.
- Elgin County Branch, OGS Resources, publications, member research interests.
- Etobicoke Genealogy Group Meeting schedule and contact information.
- Greater Harvey Historical Society and Archila and Preservation Centre To promote among the citizens of Galway, Cavendish & Harvey Township the preservation and appreciation of it's heritage. To undertake projects that encourages and develops the study and preservation of our heritage.
- Grenville County Historical Society Society information
- Hamilton Branch, OGS Covering the former County of Wentworth which included the Townships of Ancaster, Barton, Binbrook, Beverly, Glanford, East Flamborough, Saltfleet and West Flamborough.
- Hamilton Branch, UELAC Branch Information, local history, publications.
- Harrow Early Immigrant Research Society (HEIRS) In the town of Harrow, Essex County. Historical collection and many genealogical references for South Essex families and in particular, the township of Colchester and town of Harrow.
- Historical Society of St. Catharines Society information, pictures of Historical St. Catharines, and St. Catharines Obituaries, 1817-1918.
- Kawartha Ancestral Research Association KARA is a genealogy organization in downtown Peterborough operating a research centre for family history in the Kawartha Region.
- Kawartha Branch, OGS Supporting genealogical research in Peterborough, Northumberland, Victoria and Haliburton Counties through our library, regular meetings, beginners courses, and publications.
- Kent County Branch OGS Library, publications and meeting information.
- Kingston Branch, OGS Geographic areas of interest, meetings, library holdings, newsletter, membership information, Genealogy courses and links to relevant web pages.
- Kingston Historical Society The Heritage Kingston website is a meeting place for all groups interested in the history and heritage of the Kingston area.
- Lambton Branch, OGS Information about their meetings, newsletter and publications.
- Lanark County Genealogical Society Scrollable surname tables which are linked to the text of LCGS member's surname list and query. Also includes information about this society. Voters lists, family bibles, marriage certificates and family histories.
- Leeds and Grenville Genealogical Society Information about this society and it's publications for sale.
- Lennox and Addington Historical Society Information about this society and links to related resources.
- London & Middlesex County Branch, OGS General information about this organization.
- Markham Berczy Settlers Association The association fosters the study, recording and commemoration, by their descendants, of the original Berczy settlers who settled in the Township of Markham Ontario in 1794.
- Mennonite Historical Society of Canada The Canadian Mennonite Encyclopedia, Mennonite libraries and archives.
- Millbrook & Cavan Historical Society To encourage and develop the study of all phases of the history, life, and customs of the early period of Millbrook, Cavan Township and the surrounding district.
- Niagara Peninsula Branch, OGS History of the branch, publication list and members surname index.
- Ontario Genealogical Society Home Page Information on this society.
- Ontario Heritage Foundation Dedicated to preserving, protecting and promoting Ontario's rich and varied heritage.
- Osgoode Township Historical Society and Museum The site lists the over 100 publications the Society has for sale. These all relate to the history of the Township of Osgoode. Includes many pioneer families as well as a list of unpublished family histories available for research at the museum.
- Ottawa Branch, OGS Branch periodical, meetings, branch library, publications, queries and projects.
- Oxford County Genealogical Society, OGS Price list and mailing address.
- Paris Historical Society The mandate of the Paris Historical Society is to preserve Paris' heritage by collecting and preserving historical data and objects so they may be displayed and made available to the public for instruction and enjoyment.
- Pennsylvania German Folklore Society of Ontario Founded to develop appreciation for the early Pennsylvania German Mennonite settlers of Ontario.
- Perth County Branch, OGS Information about the society. Information on upcoming meetings, and publications list.
- Quinte Branch, OGS Information on their library holdings.
- Sault Ste Marie and District Branch, OGS Branch info, publications for sale and queries.
- Societe franco-ontarienne d'histoire et de genealogie Ou l'histoire et la genealogie franco-ontarienne se rencontrent
- South Fredericksburgh Heritage Committee Projects undertaken include the restoration of abandoned burial sites, photographing all township residences, and publishing information of historical significance.
- St. Joseph Island Historical Society Island family stories, 1861 to 1901 island census, transcripts of all island cemeteries, birth/death/marriages, a timeline of St Joe.
- Sudbury Branch, OGS To collect and preserve maps, books, manuscripts, charts, photographs, microfilm and related material relevant to genealogical study.
- Temiskaming Genealogy Group Serves the communities of Latchford, Cobalt, Haileybury, New Liskeard, Elk Lake, Matachewan, Gowganda, Earlton, Englehart, Tomstown, Kirkland Lake, Larder Lake, and Virginiatown Ontario.
- Toronto Branch, OGS Meetings, membership, newsletter, publications, search services and genealogy courses.
- Trent Valley Archives and Fairview Heritage Centre The Trent Valley Archives play an integral role in heritage documentation and preservation in East Central Ontario Canada. Roman Catholic diocese records, Irish ship lists, Fairview Centre.
- Upper Ottawa Valley Genealogical Group Fosters the study of the genealogy of families in the Upper Ottawa Valley of Renfrew Co. and Pontiac Co., Quebec. Information on their meetings, seminars, outings, projects, queries, newsletter (Timberline), library holdings, and extensive publications.
- Waterloo Historical Society Preserving the history of Waterloo County and region since 1912.
- Waterloo Region Branch OGS Information about their newsletter, special projects, publications, library, meetings, and membership.
- Wellington County Branch OGS Provides resources for family history research in Guelph, Ontario and surrounding area.
- Wellington County Historical Society Contact information, upcoming events.
- York Region Branch, OGS Branch information, member's surname interests, branch publications, and research resources for York Region (formerly York County), Ontario, Canada.
- Alguire & Myers Families in Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Counties Descendants of Michael Myers & Elizabeth Eamer. Index of Transcriptions of Registers of
Baptisms & Marriages 1779-1817 of Reverend John Bethune. Our transcriptions of some local cemeteries.
- Ancestors of Sharon Jessica WORKMAN STRAIGHT Includes Buckley, Little, Connolly and Kennedy from Ireland to Ontario.
- Ancestry of Rod A. MacDonald Genealogies with Irish, English and Scottish roots for settlers in Eastern Ontario and the Niagara Region. Last names include Milks, Mylks, Wright, Giff and Keays from Eastern Ontario and Gunn, Willis, McDonald, MacDonald and Calvert.
- Atkinson Family Tree Welcome to the Atkinson's of Botany, Howard Township, Kent County, Province of Ontario, Canada, descendants of William Atkinson of Buckden, the West Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- Beth Johnston's Homepage Arnold, Barriger, Beach, Clark, Coleman, Cunningham, Foljambe, Hinman, Jackson, Jenner, Johnston, Kennedy, Lankester, Lewis, Lincoln, Matuscak, Miller, Neat, Perry, Philpott, Price, Shumway, Strader, Taylor, Trowbridge, Winslow, Woodruff, Wright.
- Bidwells of Devon Tracing the ancestry of Richard Bidwell. Descendants came to Ontario and have since moved across Canada.
- Bishop Family Family of John Bishop and Barbara Calvin who came to St Joseph Island in 1860.
- BOLT Ancesters from Devon, England Emanuel Jr. BOLT (1829-1906) immigrated to Huron, Ontario, Canada as early as 1861.
- Carmichael Descendants of Comrie, Perthshire, Scotland. Descendants of Donald Carmichael of the Parish of Comrie, Perthshire, Scotland. Many of these descendants immigrated to Ontario and other regions of Canada. 142 family surnames.
- Carmichael Family OnLine Pioneer family of York and Wellington Counties. Surnames include Carmichael, MacMurchy MacPhail, Corrigan, Huxley, Logan, and many others.
- Champigny & Stone Descendents of Jean Deslandes dit Champigny, Quebec. Descendents of Alfred Walter Stone, Ontario. Descendents of William Jacob Stimers, Ontario. LeBeau of Ontario.
- Charles Cowell Families The descendants of Abraham Cowell and The Charles Andrew and Charles Anderson Cowell Families of Dunn Township, Haldimand County, Ontario, Canada.
- Clan Hannah Three brothers Edward, Francis and John emmigrated from Co. Donegal Ireland in 1848 and settled in Manvers Twp. and Manitoulin Is.
- Clark(e) Family Homepage James Clarke, born circa 1810, came to North America with the British army. Married to Bridget Duffy (b. 1830), James Clarke settled on Howe Island, an island south of Kingston, Ont.
- Daubert Genealogy Bungay, Carter, Cawsey, Chapman, Daubert, Gathergood, Hyatt, Johnstone, Kelly, Lock, Mooney, Ratte, Rhode, Speck, Stohr, Sturdy, and Sutton are just a few names from England to Canada, to whom I am presently persevering in.
- Descendants of Danial Cryan Tracing the CRYAN family from Ireland to Canada to the US.
- Descendants of Henry Money and Other Ontario Families Henry Money (1850-1928) arrived in Brantford, Ontario in 1910.
- Descendants of James Everingham, UEL Tracking the descendants of James Everingham UEL of Ontario.
- Don & Jeanne Ross Family Home Page Ross, McIntyre, Robertson, Munro, and Mowat - United Empire Loyalists. Sproul(e), Sandhoff, and Harris. Guppy, Guest, Lechmere, Parkinson, Rostant. Simmons, Elliott, Elsesser, Robinet(te), Wilman.
- Dorothy Gwynn's Homepage Researching Uttley, Neher, Monaghan, Anderson and Taylor in Ontario.
- Doug and Flo Waylett Family Page - 1757 to Present Almost 500 individuals going back to 1757. Canadians include Samuel Waylett and his sister Mahala who imigrated to the Petrolia, Ontario area.
- Duncan Family of Lanark County, Ontario Descendants of James Duncan and Jane Purdon. Related families: Craig, Crawford, Duncan, Ferguson, Gilmour, Love, May, McLean, McOuatt, Millar, Reid, Turnbull, Sim.
- Family Genealogy - A Passage In Time Loyalists In My Family Related to the Wannamaker Branch: Babcock - Dempsey - Latta - Pitman - Post - Redner - Van Buskirk - Valleau - Wannemacher/Wannamaker. With many any other Loyalist surnames.
- Fred Lawson Family Home Page Conrad, Coppin, Cross, Gauthier, Heffers, Hinehan, Hotchkiss, Hudon, Lawson, Miller and Williams. The Coppin's were Barnardos Children and were sent to North America about 1889. One boy was adoped by the Lawson family of Amherst Island.
- Freer Family Genealogy Research The Colonel Arthur William Wellington Freer (Canada) Family Tree and related families (Edwards, Lucas, Pierce, Falkiner).
- Gail Farnsworth Home Page Baldrick, Wallace, Agnew, Babcock, Scott, Parks.
- Galbraith Family Home Page Names we are currently researching are: GALBRAITH, SMITH, WEBBER, KERR, AND BOWMAN, Ontario.
- Gemmell & Walker Genealogies Includes Brown, Gemmell, Rawley, and Staley families of Eastern Ontario.
- Genealogy by Jan Ontario Families: HINTON of Halton Co, WILSON of Middlesex Co (also of Huntingdon Co., Quebec), SUMMERS of Middlesex Co, RITTENBURG family of Wentworth Co.
- Genealogy in Stormont and Dundas Counties The Alguire and Myers families and associated names. History, family lines, information sources, documents, cemeteries, links to related resources.
- Genealogy Irish Descendants Michael Naughtin of Ireland settled in Finch Township, Ontario in 1853. The search continues to trace his lineage through the present and back to his past origins. Other surnames include Baker, Beehler, Clement, Coyne, Kerns, Martin and Norton.
- Genealogy of Martin van Kuilenburg and Louise L'Heureux The L'Heureux family has been traced back to Simon Lereau who arrived in New France (Quebec) around 1652. I have traced the line to Louise but still need to fill in many of the side branches.
- Genealogy of Noah & Linda Pierce ncludes names Hilson Anderson Ferrier & Pierce.
- Greig Family Tree The Surnames in our family Greig, Timms, Hockley, Wall, Armstrong, Simpson, Hill and Locke.
- Harris & Begg Genealogy Web Page This site lists the names of our ancestors who emigrated from the UK and Ireland during the 1800's to settle in Ontario.
- Herb Barge Family Home Page Researching family names: Pinkerton, Hogue, Brooks, Mills, Moore, Godson, Marphet and Fase living in Ontario, Canada from 1700 to late 1800's.
- Hillmans of Elgin County A rambling history of one family's connection with Elgin County, Ontario.
- Homeyer Genealogy Researching our Homeyer genealogy, including the following surnames: Homeyer, Good, Smuck, Bowman, Bergey, McTavish and Gunby.
- In Search of......History and Lore of our Walker Family William, his wife Sarah and family came from North Carolina, USA around 1794 as Loyalists and were granted land in Clinton and Grimsby Townships. We have found many descendants from William and Sarah, however there is always room for more.
- Introduction to the Cattley Pages Genealogy site of Cattley surname from England.
- Isaac Van Valkenburg aka Vollick UEL; Jonas Larroway UEL Isaac Vollick born 1732 Schoharie, New York, was a United Empire Loyalist who came to Upper Canada from the United States during the American Revolution. He was the illegitimate son and only child of Isaac Van Valkenburg and Maria Bradt.
- Jean's Genealogy Page I am researching the families: ILETT - Brantford, Ontario. ROBB - Ontario, Canada. MUNDIE - St. George, Ontario. VAN SICKLE - of Dutch origin finally settling in Jerseyville, Ontario. GREENFIELD - Brantford, Ontario. WOODS - St. George, Ontario.
- Jim Ward's Genealogy Pages: My Wards Genealogy of my Ward ancestors from Ireland to Lanark Co., Ontario, Canada in the early 1820s. Looking for more info from ancestors/cousins.
- Jodie & James Edgar Home Page Researching the Binley, Woodward, Kilfoyle, Ware, Evans, Edgar and Somerville surnames, mainly from England and Ontario.
- Jonas Larroway - A Loyalist The ancestors of Jonas Larroway who fought for Butler's Rangers and settled at Niagara as a UEL in 1783. Ancestry goes back to Simeon LeRoy dit Audy who settled in New France before 1668 and married a Filles du Roi.
- Jude's Family & Local History Website Researching Asselstine, Brewer, Clapp, Dorland, Doughty, Dufour, Fox, Gervais,
Hawley, Johnson, Liddicoat, Mitchell, O'Hara, Rahmer, Randle, Wamsley. Also includes cemeteries and obits, and Township hostory and pioneers.
- Kevin McKee Homepage (Smith Twsp, Peterborough) Robert and Samuel McKee Elliot sisters 1831, other names FINLAY, LOVE, FITZGERALD, ROSEBOROUGH, SANDERSON.
- Kington Family Genealogy Contains early Ontario pioneer families of Moffat, Lang, Sides, and McAllister also the Barr who lived in several areas.
- Kirkwood Genealogy Descendants of Alexander Kirkwood, son of Thomas Kirkwood and Mary Ann McClain, who emigrated to Canada from Ireland.
- Konkle Tree The KONKLE's, UEL's, that moved to Canada, to the Niagara Peninsula.
- LARBALESTIER AND CARMOODY ANCESTORS John Larbalestier and Elizabeth Clark of Jersey, Channel Islands to Toronto, Ontario; Mary Carmoody of London, England, to Toronto, Ontario.
- Laughton Family History Laughton Family Tree and Genealogy from 1771
- Lieutenant Charles William Pearson (1912-2000): The Lincoln and Welland Regiment's WWII Campaign Dedicated to my grandad and his Ontario regiment in
WWII, and their campaign.
- Locock Genealogy Researching Locock, Pero, Dargie, and Doberer.
- Lucking Family Home Page SOMERVILLES, ERSKINES, McLELLAN, McLEAN, DODS, SCOTT, WILKINSON, LUCKING, PEARCE, MORTEAL and RITCHIE.
- Maggie Rail's Home Page Researching SEEFELDT in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Margaret Rose Hornsby HORNSBY, ACHESON, MacEACHERN, STEPHENSON, GRIGG, McINTRE, COOK, ADAIR, WHEELER, REYNOLDS, GREY, HILTS/HILTZ, PIFER/PIPHER/PFEIFFER, SCHELL, SHIRK, RAWN, SMITH.
- McCabe Clan Genealogy page of McCabe, McGuire/Maguire, Trainor/Traynor and many more Ireland to Ontario families.
- McCarron Family Tree Includes a GEDCOM file of an Ontario McCarron family.
- McKane - Lyons Genealogy : My Irish Ancestors About 3000 persons from my total database of over 43,500 people. Surnames include McKane, Lyons, Beggs, Moore, Hamilton, Sherman, Kirkpatrick and hundreds more.
- Mennonite Families The ancestry and descendants of the family of Abraham Gingrich and Elizabeth Hunsicker, who came from PA to Waterloo County, Ontario with his ten children in 1801. Also includes the story of Jacob Burkholder and Sophia DeRoche.
- Michael Thomas Finnerty Family Home Page Michael Thomas Finerty was born in Bentick Township, County of Grey, Ontario in 1854. His wife Margaret Sheridan was born in Ontario in 1859. They married 17 April 1879 in Ontario, Canada.
- Mulcaster Family History of the Mulcaster Family of Cumberland and Edward Mulcaster who left Irthington Parish about 1826 to settle near Goderich, Ontario for aboutg 50 years before going to Essex County, Ontario, Canada
- My Canada Roots Alex McPhail married Anna Tettes in Scotland, they then migrated to Ontario in the mid-1800's.
- Niessink Family History from 1686 - Now A history page of an emigrant from Amsterdam Holland to Canada.
- Oaks and Acorns My Middlesex and Lambton pioneer roots including a searchable data base of people attending the 1928 Parkhill Reunion (>1000 names) and surnames DAWSON CAMERON JACKSON VANSICKLER MCCALLUM FERGUSON RANDALL CLARK LUCAS.
- Oliver & Remillard Genealogy Genealogy of the Oliver & Remillard and Related Families in Ontario, Canada, and the United States.
- Our Roots and Wings Surnames include BROWN, CARTER, CHAMBERLAIN, DALTON, DORSEY, HODGINS, KEATES, McCLEERY, McKAY, PILLINGER, SPILLETT.
- Peer Ancestry - Our Family Tree Includes information for Peer, Day, Barker, Waun, Dearing, Johnston, and others. Looking for more info of the same.
- PEER family of Ontario They originated in NY and NJ then into Ontario. Ontario families spekked the name as PEER.
- Peter John Bolton, Genealogical Optimist Resourced for Port Hope,Hope Township. Bolton, Gray, Powell, Thomas, Skitch, Peardon, Baylye, Harris, Nicholas, Kyle, Oliver, White, Currie, Monaghan, Mills, Beatty, McCleary, Frederick, Rush, Greenleaf, Erle.
- Pew-Minor Genealogy Ancestry of Thomas Lincoln Pew and Ada Barbara Minor. Surnames in Ontario include: Pew, Logan, Secord, Millard, Minor, Zavitz, Neff, and Furry. Links to resources and more.
- Purdon Genealogy: Scotland to America Descendants of Robert Purdon and Jane Ferguson of Lanark County, Ontario. Related families: Duncan, O'Neil, Lockhart.
- RICHARDSONs from Hounslow Heath This site is dedicated to the descendants of Richard and Hannah Richardson of Hounslow Heath, England, many of whom emigrated to Australia, Canada and United States in the 19th and early 20th century.
- Robert Allan Hammond : Waterloo, Ontario Hammond Family Tree. Also Vancickle Family of Brant County Ontario and Patrick Family of Wentworth County Ontario.
- Robert Kline's Genealogy Page My Ontario relatives included are Hayhurst, Goulding, Cowperthwaite, Reeder, Doel, Drabble, Havens, Valey.
- Rupert Family Tree Family primarily started in Schoharie Valley, New York, and migrated to Osnabruck Township, Ontario after the US War of Independence (1784). Some Surnames include: Rupert, Ross, Ruport, Pillar, MacIntyre, Alguire, Shaver.
- Rusk Family Genealogy Rusk, Russell, Irwin, Matthers, Holmes, Bigers, Bell, Ryan.
- Sandhof Sandhoff Reudners Rentner Kalibb Kalipp Miller Muller Genealogy Searching famly names in Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Germany, and Ontario, Canada.
- Shiels Family History Research from 1670 to current day, from Scotland to North America.
- Shirley York Anderson's Home Page The Descendants of John Williams and Selina Brewster, Thomas York and Mary Dickens, John Rodger and Janet McFarlane. The Ancestors of John Williams and Selina Brewster, Thomas York, Mary Dickens.
- Steinburg Family-Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow Research on the Steinburg-Van Steinburg family that started out in the area of Morewood, Ontario
- Stimers Genealogy Homepage The descendants of Jacob Stimers and Catherine Light who lived in Thurlow Twp, Hastings County, Ontario. They came to Canada about 1800 from Dutchess County, New York.
- The Annals of a Humble Race A brief history of the Apperley family in Canada.
- The Baumans of Puslinch The family of Joseph and Josepha Bauman.
- The Best Part Was The Beach family, Charles, Doretta, Lela and Claude, set out from Cornwall, Ontario on October 18, 1921. This is Doretta's diary.
- The Henderson's Master Genealogy Page The Henderson's from Scotland to England to Canada and then to the US. Boyle, Dyer, Crossin, Hall, Henderson, Matheson, Nevills, Sanderson, Scott, Stump, Whetham, Wickham, Wiles, Yates.
- The Huntley Pages A genealogy of the Huntley family that emigrated to Canada from Wiltshire in the mid 1800s. Also covers the families the Huntleys married into.
- The Irish Kidds and their Canadian Descendants The Irish roots of the Kidd Family and their Canadian Descendants
- The Kinsella Homepage Variations on the name Kinsella: Kincheloe, Kinchelan, Kinshalla, Kinshillah, Kinsela, Kinselagh, Kingsley, Kinsley, Tinsley.
- The McCarthy Family of Ontario Canada Family Names McCarthy - Boles - Stull (all the way back to Latham Stull 1752) Secord (Laura Secord) - Stewart - Ripley - Wilson and a lot more in between.
- Thomas HUNTER's Family Foley, Murphy, McCarthy, Dillon, Gibbons, Hertel, Haddock, Peacock, and Flanigan in Perth, Waterloo and York Co. Ontario.
- Tim's Home Page VANCE, WILSON, McFADDEN, HURST, MOODY, PALMER, TUFFORD, WALKER, CHALMERS, MUNRO, STUART.
- Trickey Family Genealogy Research Data and trees for all known North American Trickeys prior to 1900. Includes the descendancy tree of Christopher Trickey of Leeds/Grenville.
- Tulumello Family The Tulumello family has been in Ontario Canada since 1913. Includes our surname origin, Family Crest, Family Tree, Family Photos & Roots in Grotte (AG) Sicilia.
- Turnberry Johnstons The Turnberry Johnstons are a Canadian family, who in the 19th century helped settle Ontario's Huron County. This website is dedicated to telling their story.
- Twice Loved Treasures Genealogy of John and Malcolm McMartin UEL - of Glengarry, Stormont and Dundas Counties.
- Twigs N Branches CAIRNS HOY LUNN FERNS SNAPE Genealogy - in Ontario and Manitoba.
- Wayne Cook's Ancestors and Descendants Abbott, Boyle, Bradley, Burdick, Clark, Cook, Leggett, Maguire, May, Milbury, Neeley, Penny, Usher, Rushlow, Shaw, Thompson, and Towle. Also includes Project Rose Garden - monuments erected in memory of pioneer settlers and Canadian Queries Sections.
- Weidmark Connection Research on the name Weidmark (alternate spellings: Weedmark, and possibly Wejdmark, Widmark) and Pearson.
- William Spoon, searching for birthfamily This page is dedicated to adoptees, birthparents, and anyone else missing a loved one in their life.
- Willson family of Hemlock Grove Farms Main family names of Willson, Wilson, Brighton, McCloy, Woolner and O'Brien of Waterloo and Lambton Counties.
- Wingrove Genealogy These families can all trace their roots to a single family of Wingroves who left England in the 1830's to sail to the area was known as Upper Canada.
- Yealland Family History Page Researching Howie and Yealland in Ontario.
- Young, Serson, Reaby, Gray, Charlton, Morrison, Emmerson Ancestor Chart YOUNG, SERSON, SEARSON, REABY, WATKINS from Ottawa valley Ontario. MORRISON, EMMERSON, GRAY, CHARLTON from Norfolk County.
- McKendry Books Books on Ontario historic cemeteries & graveyards, architecture, photography by Jennifer McKendry; books on Canadian art and folk art by Blake McKendry
- Pioneer life on the Bay of Quinte Includes genealogies of old families and biographical sketches of representative citizens. Download this free e-book in a variety of formats.
- Russ Waller's Genealogy Data Books 40 Books of Genealogy of Eastern Lake Ontario
- Railways of Eastern Ontario A history of some of the railway lines in Eastern Ontario before they were taken over by Canadian Pacific and Canadian National Railways.
United Empire Loyalist
- Bicentennial Branch United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada Bicentennial Branch (Southwestern Ontario)
About the Bicentennial Branch
The Bicentennial Branch is the meeting place of the descendants of those families who relocated to Essex-Kent Counties of South Western Ontario or the adjacent United States as
- Butler's Rangers On disbandment, over 800 men served in the Rangers, and most of them took up new residences in Upper Canada as United Empire Loyalists.
- Index to Ontario Loyalists General information on Loyalists, Ontario historical facts, Loyalist Regiments and muster rolls.